Helping you reach your fitness goals
every step of the way!
How many of us have a fitness plan to get to where we want to be?
We all want to be better off tomorrow than we are today. Most health-kicks and diets don’t last long because they are focused on the short-term: a certain weight, a vacation, a reunion, a cholesterol level, or even completing a running race. What happens when you get there? Or what if the goal is so aggressive that we just lose focus and motivation to continue?
The program outlined here really works.
It will provide you with noticeable fitness improvements that you can measure. Your improved fitness will reduce your body fat, lower your cholesterol, reduce your risk of heart disease, and many other benefits that are just too good to pass up. It will require your dedication, perspiration, persistence, and patience, but it will lead you down the path to a new and healthier you. Welcome aboard!
So how are we going to get there? Small steps. It’s the little things that matter. For example: Do you…take the elevator or steps?...buy soda or drink water?…use sugar or Splenda?…chose regular or super-duper-size? All of your daily decisions add up.
Here are just a few daily choices that can lead to a fitter you:
- Add a 0-calorie substitute to your coffee or tea – 9,000 cal/yr.
- Drink water instead of soda or juice (once a day) – 36,000 cal/yr.
- Do 5 minutes of calisthenics a day – 10,000 cal/yr.
- Walk / run fifteen minutes a day (3x per week) – 30,000 cal/yr.
These four small steps alone will help you shed nearly 25 pounds in a year!
We all have a so-called ‘comfort zone’ that has been established over years of living our daily routines. We need to gradually shift our ‘comfort zone’ to the point where we find ourselves happy and healthy. We’ll do this through small changes, shifting our daily routine into the realm of better habits, all the while monitoring and measuring our continual improvement.
To achieve our long-term goals, we need to know where we are - the Starting Point, where we want to be - Our Goal, and the best path to get there - The Plan. Defining our Starting Point may sound trivial, but it’s a huge step in getting off the ground and walking (or running) towards our goal.
This web site was started for the everyday person who leads a busy life, yet still wants to be the best they can be.
You don’t have to be an Olympian or a body-builder to achieve great results.
You also don’t need any fancy equipment…you probably have everything you need to start already!
This site is loaded with tools, calculators, exercise information, plans and even a FREE newsletter "The Bullhorn" to help you succeed.
- Your Fitness Plan
- A fitness plan for those that want to achieve long-term success. You'll reach your goals and set out to make new ones through a solid plan that you'll develop.
- Fitness Motivation
- Finding the real source of our fitness motivation can be a real challenge, but if you take the time to find out you'll be able to harness a very powerful source of internal energy!
- The Bullhorn
- “The Bullhorn” is a monthly newsletter for busy people trying to achieve their fitness goals. It’s loaded with encouragement and tips to help you succeed!
- Human Body 101
- This is the owner's and operator's manual for those of us that want just enough information about the human body to get and stay healthy.
- Nutrition 101
- Here is some nutrition guidance for Step 2 of your fitness plan for life. This is not a diet...just some tips for healthier habits!
- Lowering Cholesterol
- The addition of exercise to your fitness plan will result in lowering cholesterol levels and a reduced risk of heart disease.
- Kids Fitness
- Kids fitness begins with activities and sports. Youth sports are a wonderful way to have your child get involved with other children in the community, and to gain healthy long-term habits for life.
- Lifetime Fitness
- Starting lifetime fitness habits can seem like a daunting task when faced with our modern busy lives. Here are just a few tips on how to squeeze in a work-out into your busy day.
- Fitness Articles
- Success stories and editorials can spark our motivation and imagination. The fitness articles below were written to provide some motivation and inspiration to help others succeed in meeting their fit
- Travel Fitness Tips
- Starting a fitness program is hard enough, now throw in business travel and it becomes exponentially harder. Here are some travel fitness tips to help you stay healthy while you’re away from home.
- Fitness Links
- The fitness links below are some quality information sites that provide additional facts on health, nutrition, running, and marathons....Enjoy!
- Basic Exercises
- Perform these basic exercises in the comfort of your own home with no equipment, and you will be building muscle and losing fat while greatly enhancing your fitness routine!
- Start Walking
- No matter what level of fitness you have or are striving to have, walking should be the foundation of your fitness plan.
- Common Injuries in Fitness
- By knowing the common injuries, their cause, and their treatment, you can avoid downtime in your fitness plan and increase the progress towards your fitness goals.
- Choosing Exercise Equipment
- These pages serve as a guide to help you chose the right exercise equipment for you. Complete with buying tips and equipment reviews.
- Start Running
- Why should you start running? Running is the most effective, convenient and enjoyable form of exercise for most of us. Here are some tips to help you get started.
- Treadmill Buying Tips
- These treadmill buying tips will help you evaluate and compare the many makes and models of treadmills on the market today. It includes reviews, information on Sole, Weslo, BowFlex, ProForm and more.
- Want to Run Faster?
- Since the dawn of time, mankind has been trying to find ways to run faster. Here are the workouts and ways you need to increase speed!
- Great Gifts for Runners
- Here are some great gifts for runners in your life from reputable vendors in the running world.
- Running Races
- Running races are probablly one of the most rewarding parts of a successful fitness program. Here are the training plan tools and calculators to help you define the right goal and meet it!
- The Right Shoe
- Finding the right walking or running shoe can be the difference between an enjoyable long-term fitness program and a short-lived one. Here's some help on finding the right shoe for you.
- The marathon, 26.2 miles, is the premier endurance race and has been the ultimate long-term fitness goal for many runners this past century. Here are some tools to meet your goal.
- The Ultramarathon
- After running several marathons, I decided to train for and run a 24-hour ultramarathon. From nutrition to gear to training - here is what I learned...
- Contact Us
- The Fitness Motivator.com was created to provide information and encouragement for people with busy lives, so that they may focus on and achieve their health and fitness goals.
- Viking Runners
- Home of the Viking Runner Alumni of Archbishop Wood, these pages include memories, updates, and directories for the team.
- Site Map - The Fitness Motivator
- The following is the list of contents pages for The Fitness Motivator with brief descriptions. Check back often, as this site will continue to expand!
- About the Author
- Information about the founder and author of The Fitness Motivator.com
- What's Your Story?
- So...what's your story? We've all got one: a weight loss success; a funny first marathon story; a favorite running route; a new running shoe; etc... Read other people's stories or share your own.
- Advertise with Us!
- Thank you for your interest in The Fitness Motivator. If you'd like to advertise with us, please fill out the form below and we'll contact you shortly.
- Running with Mr. Kwon
- Running with Mr. Kwon was a experience that I'll not soon forget. It's not often that you get a chance to run with a legend. Here's what I learned about this extraordinary man...
- 2010 Lone Ranger Ultramarathon - Race Report
- Here’s my race report for the 2010 Lone Ranger Ultramarathon, a part of Back on My Feet’s 20-in-24 race weekend. It was a great event hosted by great people...thanks to all that made it happen!
- Vibram Bikila Shoe Review
- The new Vibram Bikila is the long-awaited answer to the runner's desire for the perfect minimalist shoe. Read the full shoe review here...
- The Fitness Motivator Blog
- Here you'll find all the latest updates, information, and articles to energize and inspire your fitness routine!